This essential professional manual provides practical, evidence-based nutrition recommendations for healthy adults, hospitalized patients, and people with a full range of health conditions.
• Effectively counsel healthy patients with nutrition recommendations for both young and older adults, and provide specific guidance for patients who are pregnant or lactating.
• Find information on individual nutrients, contained in a dedicated section covering nutrient components.
• Get detailed guidance with separate chapters on macronutrients, micronutrients and dietary supplements.
• Access advice specific for metabolic disorders (diabetes, dyslipidemia, and renal disease), for obesity, and for chronic wasting diseases (cancer, AIDS).
• Make informed decisions on enteral and parenteral nutritional therapy.
Exam: 150 multiple choice questions. Downloadable. Unlimited retakes. View our "How It Works" video.Kindle eBook: 55820 KB. ASIN: B00SK5XKIQ. Accessible in the U.S. only.Book: Paperback, 732pp. Mar 2015. ISBN-13: 978-1451191875